Monday, July 23, 2007

Resources- YEA!!

After a relaxing weekend in Carlsbad we are back to some craziness. The appraisal on our house was completed this morning and we hope to close on it by the end of the month. Although we feel very comfortable at our brother and sister-in-law's house, it will be nice to have our own space again and have our Maddie dog back.

I contacted a parent of a student that I had worked with years ago in Mesquite. I was hoping she could be a go to person for help with resources for Andrew. She and I talked for about an hour today and I can say that she is an answer to many prayers. She sent me a list of resources in San Antonio and was very comforting to talk to. She can definitely relate to what we are going through and is pointing me in the right direction of where to start with therapies and doctors. After talking to her and reading lots of info online I am wondering if we are heading towards a diagnosis of Autism. You would think that after all these years of working with children that I would know if Andrew had this disability. It is very different being his Mom and it's even harder to work with him doing speech and non-speech tasks that I would do in therapy. Through one of the resources that Carol gave us I was able to contact Respite Care about possible day care. I'm not sure but I think the center is located downtown so that might not work out best for us but I am feeling more confident that we will find someone or someplace that will watch him while we are at work.

1 comment:

Mom & Dad said...

Hi Brandi, Felt, and Andrew!
Dad and I are VERY excited that the Mounces are living closer, and we enjoy getting to see you more often. Please know that you are in our prayers daily and that we love you very much.

Hey, Maddie is ready to come live with you too!!

Love!!