Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Frustrations with sitters

I am a little frustrated today. Andrew's nanny let us know a couple of weeks ago that she could no longer watch him. She was really great with him, so patient and understanding. There were so many days that we would come home and find her out on a walk with him or sitting and reading him books. I was pretty sad about this but understand. An agency here in town has been providing an attendant Monday through Thursday so I could work after he got home from school. The agency found somone to cover these hours so he would have a consistent caregiver. She started on Monday and already she has called in sick. I know we all have sick days but I don't have a good feeling about this and something tells me that this one isn't going to work out. I wish more than anything that we didn't have to deal with the agency and that we had a family member, or grandma that could watch him. He really isn't a difficult kiddo and is soo super sweet loving and funny. Lately he has been waking us up at 2 or 3 in the morning crying and screaming. I'm not sure if this is a seizure, nightmare, or if he just woke up and realized we weren't there. So every night for the past week I have gotten up and put him in our bed, and within 5 minutes he is asleep again. It sure makes it hard for both of us to get back to sleep though and I'm not sure if this is a problem behavior. He has always slept in his bed from 4 weeks old. I wonder if neurotypical three year olds do this too. Anyone???

4 comments:

Karlie Grace said...

We're having nighttime screaming fits too but Karlie doesn't go back to sleep so easily. No idea what's causing it although we're looking into reflux. Wishing you luck at figuring it out and a peaceful nights sleep. About preschool, i stay there with her so nothing out of the ordinary is happening other than the noise is at a high level. That alone could be causing the problem. We haven't been in three days and she's been such a happy little camper at home. Go figure!

Kelly said...

Is there a college near by? I have found AMAZING help from some of the sorority girls there and even a local Christian high school maybe? I am trying to think of other sources of help for you....I hope things turn around for this new girl - it sounds frustrating and you do not need that!

Lindsay said...

Brandi~ We miss yall so! I hope you find a dependable sitter who is good with Andrew. Wish I were there to help!

Karlie Grace said...

Any luck with a sitter yet? I wish we lived closer too! I would totally help you out with the little man! He and Karlie would have a blast together!